Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy!!

Today is my Dad's 65th birthday! It is hard to believe. One he looks nowhere near 65 and two it just doesn't seem like he should be that old. Bless his heart he is taking such good care of me and the kidlets while Joe is gone. He is over here nearly everyday (20 min drive for him) helping me feed the horses, doing odd jobs around the house, and sometimes bringing supper :). He is a wonderful man and definitely in my top three favorite people :) (God, Big Joe, and then Dad). He is also one of the strongest people I know. He is a Vietnam vet, an optometrist, a great Dad and Papa, and there ANYTIME I need him. While my mother was ill he took care of everything because he knew she wouldn't have wanted to be in a nursing home. So he had all the equipment and care brought to his home and set her up in front of the beautiful view they have out of the formal living room. He didn't get much sleep during that time because he cared for her at night and still worked full time. He has a bit of a tough exterior but really he is a soft place to land for me. I love him dearly. And I hope he has a wonderful birthday!!!

No comments: