Thursday, February 5, 2009

So thankful.

The past couple of days have been rough around here. I've had sick kids, a very sick donkey, a car that needs to go to the shop, and a not so good visit with a doctor. Katie is really fighting this congestion stuff and I took her to the doc yesterday where I evidently "do not dress my kids properly". It made me feel terrible to hear the comments the doc had made. My donkey has been ill for the past couple of days again....really ill. So that means even less sleep and lots of time spent in a cold barn trying to get meds down him and hauling a bunch of water because it is so cold. Joe's car is in huge need of a new fan belt. And just the stress of all this alone has really hit hard...especially yesterday.

But I prayed....hard. And I could feel God's presence. I turned on the radio and a very uplifting song came on. My Dad and his girlfriend came over to help manage the donkey wrestling. And She brought homemade applesauce and doughnut holes for comfort food (and didn't even know about the other stuff going on beside the colicy donkey). Then when I open my email there is a wonderful letter from Joe that melted my heart. I started to feel much much better. Ok, God, I hear you. I am not alone in this. Thanks for Your comfort.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Keep your head up...God never gives us more than we can handle. Keep all the babies healthy and warm!

Unknown said...

Liz...Liz...Liz...love you girl! You are definitely my hero! I often times wonder how you do what you do!