Friday, February 13, 2009

Days of Love

Well yesterday was my birthday :):) I really didn't expect much out of it since Joe was gone and I hadn't made plans with anyone. But Little Joe remembered right away (he has an awesome memory of numbers) and he was so excited for me. It was the first thing he told his bus driver and I thought that was too sweet. Big Joe sent a gift (a George Foreman 360 grill ...tooooo cool) and I have loved it. And a couple of friends called and gave me birthday wishes. Joe called in the middle of the day which was sooo nice because that meant it was like 3am for him. And he sang to me :). He also had asked if I had gotten a cake for myself and I said no. He told me I should go get one so I took his advice and got some yummy cupcakes :):). Lil Joe sang to me with a candle on my cupcake and it was so much fun. And my Dad and his lady friend got me a gift certificate to one of my fav stores...Bath and Body Works..Woohooo! It was really a wonderful day. I hope to have several more just like it...just with Big Joe here :).

So for Valentines Day Joe and I had discussed not to really exchange anything. Although I sent him a care package anyway :). But since he had gone all out for Christmas while he was home and my birthday being so close to Valentine's we decided he didn't need to do anything. He has also JUST gotten out of the field. But yesterday a beautiful arrangement of roses was at my door with a sweet note. Just made my day even better. I am so blessed to have such a caring hubby. When I married him...I didn't think I could love him anymore than I did on that day. After nearly 8 years of marriage...I really had no idea how much I would love him now :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Well Happy Birthday! Mine is today. My hubby is out shopping right now! The roses are beautiful! Little joe is so sweet.

Jenny Kent said...

Happy Belated birthday!! Isn't it so nice when they surprise with roses or anything??!!