Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Harrison finale is here...introducing Katherine Greer!






Well our lil princess has finally entered this world!!! I went in about 8:30 on Friday morning and we started the induction at about 10:00am. My wonderful doctor suggested I try an epidural. I had been told since I was 15 I could not have one, but after talking to several people we decided to try. It worked wonderfully!!!! So now I have experienced natural and epidural.....and yea with the epidural was much less dramatic ;). I progressed slowly but surely and at 3:34pm on October 3rd Katherine Greer Harrison was here. Big Joe was on the speaker phone and got to hear the delivery and her first cries :).She weighed 7lb 4oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. She was the exact same weight as Garrett but 2 inches shorter....so she has a lil more chub than the boys but still seems tiny :). She was nursing within 15 minutes. They had to take her to the special care nursery just because she was a lil early but a few hours later she was safe in my arms again. She is a lil jaundice and had some initial blood sugar issues but neither are a big deal. Just need to put her in the sun and do some blood checks. The boys came yesterday to meet her. Joe is very excited. Garrett is not sure what to think. I am totally in love :). I feel pretty good....this is still all so surreal. Out family feels so complete now with her....what a wonderful blessing. Here are some pics to enjoy.

4 comments:

~ Uncle Sam's Family, Est. September 1994 ~ said...

Oh, Liz! She is soooo beautiful! I am so so so happy for you and Joe! I actually have tears in my eyes just looking at your three little angels! Congratulations, my friend! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Ashley said...

She is beautiful. She looks just like the boys. I am sooo excited for you. Can't believe you are home already. You are truely an amazing woman! I am still hanging in there...ready to have this litte one. Keep checking the blog. Hopefully I will be posting soon on our little bundle of joy. Take Care!
Ashley

~Teez said...

She's gorgeous Liz!!! I'm so glad everything went well and that big Joe got to be on the phone when she cried! I guess that's second best to being there in person! You are in our prayers as you transition to mom of 3! I do hope you have enough help to allow you to rest and recover. Much love to you all!

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous. Congratulations!! :)