Friday, July 31, 2009

Lock me down with the GOLD!!

So that's the best hint I could come up with..lol. We are going to Ft. Knox, KY in December. Joe will be an SGI for a Calvary unit...a pretty high profile position for someone with just one command so I am very proud of him. They even moved the report date back for him to give him more time. The kind of bad news is is that this unit may be moving to Ft Benning..not a bad place by any means just means a possible move 10-12 months after we get there...so yuck. Plus I like the fact that Knox is fairly close to here (2.5 hours) and we can visit easily. If we move to Benning that's about 6 hours... not so easy.
We have trully been blessed with this home. We love it. I knew it as soon as we pulled in the drive way. We built a barn here, brought two kids home here, and had Big Joe home for the longest ever (18 months). So these facts, combined with the current housing market, and the longing to come back to TN one day we were more willing to rent than sell. And guess what?? Some great friends of ours have been house shopping for some time and have offered to rent our home!! So this means I don't have to bang that "for sale" sign in the ground just yet, although I 'm sure I will need a box of tissues on moving day. But I know this place will be in good hands.
Other updates....Joe loved gymnastics camp and boy having a calm relaxed child at home in the afternoons after 5 hours of tumbling was sooooo nice. Bug now has two teeth!!! From zero to two in less than five days :). Garretto is still cute as ever...I just love to hear him talk these days. Two yr old voices are stinking cute.....kinda makes up for the tantrums and wild banchee squealing they do ;).
Well that's about it from here. We are less than 90 days til Joe gets home and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 comment:

knlewis said...

I am so excited for you guys!! Happy you are not headed to Cali!!! too far to visit!! love you and your sweet family, kim and chris