Monday, July 20, 2009

Limbo Blog

The past couple of weeks have been full of limbo. Joe will hear any day on what our next post will be. Of course we would love to stay here for several reasons, awesome school, awesome house, my Dad is 20 minutes away, great church and friends. But we (mostly I) are learning to just appreciate where we are even if it is only for a few short months. Like they say, the anticipation is much worse than the event. So we will wait...and even though I don't look forward to putting a for sale sign on this beautiful property I am so excited about being a complete family again.
We are also in waiting on the health of Katie (kinda of another reason why I am nervous to move). Her doctors are very concerned with her size and are running several tests. I like the fact that they are being thorough but it is very scary for them to list a bunch of things that could possibly be wrong with your baby (enter Little Joe flashbacks here...shiver). I am trying to look at it as I will love her no matter what they say and we will learn to handle any if any issue she might have.
Other things we have been doing are having a yard sale, getting Katie's 9 month pics taken, getting church directory pictures taken, and growing veggies :) I was so please to pick my very first watermelon the other day!!!! Although I picked it a little early..pout. Did you know you have to have bees to grow melons? Luckily we do :). And there is a very fine line with a ripe melon and an overripe melon...hence the picking early. And you can't "thump test" the melon in the heat of the day to see if it's ripe because they all sound that way. Need to do it in the morning or evening. I have a whole new appreciate for melon farmers :) Hopefully my next one will be PERFECT!! I have enjoyed a tomatoe and an ear of corn though :) Yum this has got to be my favorite part of summer...just just can't beat homegrown food. Ok random pics to go with random post ;)
My first harvest of the season :)
sneak peek at Kati's pics....so stinkin CUTE!!
The boys wanted to build a fort and decided their sister needed to be in on the action :)
Joe comforting Garrett...melt my heart.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Good luck with everything. Any news on Katie yet?