Sunday, April 26, 2009

God speaks

Had an amazing thing happen at church today. The past couple of weeks had been hard. Garrett and Katie both got viruses which they ran 103+ fevers, little sleep, weird dreams of people telling me to prepare to lose Joe, someone I know committed suicide, and a run in with the IRS. So really...not a whole lot of fun lately. I didn't go to church last week because of Garrett being sick and I was nervous because up til yesterday Katie was running a temp as well. But she woke up fever free so I was taking off. A couple of months ago my normal Sunday School class dissolved due to several issues which lead me to attend a new class at a different hour. I've been going a little over a month now. Today was Missions Sunday. Where we focus on giving to world missions and listens to testimonies. There were probably 20 missionaries there today...at least. So after worship I go up to my new class, take a seat, have a yummy donut :). We are told we will have two guest speakers..a gentlemen who runs a home for adults here in TN and an international missionary. She gets up...I notice her name tag. Printed beneath her name says South Korea. My heart skips. I am thinking after these emotional times I hope I don't cry and need to excuse myself. She begins to discuss her experiences and how she took her baby boy, HARRISON, to Korea and raised him and eventually another son there. My eyes are welling up....even at the mention of her son's name. She mentions they are very close to a large military base. She asks if anyone of the military families is familiar with Korea but says we are probably too young. I say "My husband is there right now." "Now?" she asks. "Yes" I cried. I tried to cowboy up as she looks at me as tears fill her eyes talking about her appreciation. The rest of the room went to a blur. I hear most of them were in tears as well. And she invited me to talk to her after class. We spoke for a while...she is within an hour of Joe. And even though they have never met it was like a hug from Joe traveling to see me. It felt like God was saying "You are not alone. Joe is with you. I am with you." Out of all the places to be a missionary.....out of all the missionaries that could attend out service....out of all the classes in our church....this woman came to speak to my class...who even has a son who shares our last name. God was there...no coincidence no doubt...God was there. And as my heart aches to see my husband knowing that I touched a woman's hand today that may touch my husband's in a few weeks I find comfort. I find love. How can I not find hope in this? Just thought I would share..

3 comments:

~ Uncle Sam's Family, Est. September 1994 ~ said...

Amazing, Liz! God is so good... I love how He shows up in the most unexpected ways... especially when we need it the most. {{HUGS}}

Ashley said...

WOW...my eyes teared up just from reading that. That is truely amazing. And you taking 3 kids to church on your own is truely amazing as well!!!

knlewis said...

Liz, Okay so yes, MANY were in tears. (As I am right now reading your blog.) I just want you to know I love you and think you are an amazing wife, mother, and christian woman!!! God is so good and I thought Sunday, this is NO coincidence, this is the LORD that has brought Mrs. Krech to our class!!! Love you, Kim