Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Great news for Garretto Burrito!

This is not usually where I post about medical stuff but I was so excited I just want everyone to know :). Most everyone knows my kids have reflux. Joe is a severe case....combined with other GI issues. And Garrett was considered a moderate refluxer. He had an appt today and I was really hopeful because he has done so well lately. His doc (who is also Joe's GI) was just as impressed with him as I am :). He agreed that Garrett looks fantastic. He is actually above the 50% (has been 25% or below since birth) for weight and has even grown 2 inches just since May!! Then came the really good news. We are going to start tapering his reflux med!!!! We are adding a less potent one and he will be on both for a few days then I will decrease the heavy one over a couple weeks time. And hopefully around Christmas he will be off all meds!!!!!! I am more than excited about this. We have always been concerned since even talking about having more children after Joe and needless to say I was terrified when he was refluxing before we even left the hospital when he was born. Dr. M just looked at me today and said, "This is cake compared to Joe isn't it?" and I said "Heck yea!" Of course we love Joe to pieces but no one wants their child to have such health issues. If lil Katie is anywhere near where Garrett is I will be thrilled. So hopefully the next few weeks will be great for Garrett and his reflux road will officially be over :).

No comments: