Thursday, July 24, 2008

Went to South Carolina for a bit :)

After Joe left a firend of mine invited the boys and I out to her place in South Carolina. She has three lovely girls her youngest having similar health issues as Joe (not to mention they are only 3 days apart). We had a good time just hanging out, swimming, and shopping. My poor friend just moved into this house and she was living out of boxes. We had wanted to take a weekend trip to the beach but weather had other plans for us. Anyway we had a great time and it really helped the kids and I get our minds off of Big Joe being gone. Speaking of which I haven't heard much from him only a few emails. Evidently there are phone issues.
One lil piece of excitement on the trip was I had to go to Labor and Delivery. Ugh. My kids always wanna come early, but after a couple of shots and some fluids my contractions stopped. The lil one is very low according to an ultrasound and she is also measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Hopefully I can stay outta there til at least early October. I have a feeling my doc will put me on some meds or bedrest for a while to keep this pumpkin in.
Overall I am feeling ok though. Deployment mode has set in and it is nice to be home again. I got to pick some of my corn this evening...and it looks like my tomatoes will be ready in the next couple of days. Who knows about my watermelon....heheheh this is my first year growing them.
Thanks for all of the well wishes from everyone. It is greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has a lovely day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz...let me know if you need some help...especially if you go on bedrest! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Liz, I'm happy to see that you're in better spirits. Although, that must have been pretty scary to already have a run-in with L&D. When is your actual due date? You'll have to post it...maybe a countdown or something! Hopefully bed rest won't be in your near future as that is going to be very difficult with the two boys. My little lady is hanging out pretty low in there too and she really likes to poke me in uncomfortable places! Keep us posted on the pregnancy. You're in our prayers