Sunday, July 27, 2008

I have such a big little man

Sometimes I wonder who is taking care of who here. Little Joe has really had some very grown up moments lately. It makes me smile to think he is growing up to be so compassionate....especially when dealing with his good ole Mom :). Just a few things that have happened since Big Joe left.

After dropping Big Joe off at the airport and saying our last goodbyes I got back in the car and was crying. Little Joe had been upset as well, but as I tried to pull myself together enough to drive away he looked up at me and said, "Mama, I think we should play 'I spy'." He knew playing a game would get my mind off of being sad......so sweet.

A couple of days later, I laid down to take a nap while Garrett took one. Joe came into my room. I thought it was going to be the usual "Mama I need help with......Mama can you open this" type thing but no. He came in, pulled up a blanket on me, gave me a kiss, and started out the door. As he was closing it he said "Mama, if you need anything just call." Melt my heart kid!!!

Then today I had the terrible task of push mowing the ditch between our property and the street. Since we have lived here Big Joe has always done this chore....it is hot, and pretty tiring.(The county mows it a couple of times a season but they only do like 2 feet and it just looks terrible next to a freshly mowed yard). Again Garrett was asleep and I told Joe I would be outside mowing and to play quietly. I was about 2/3 done when he comes out and says "Mama don't go behind those trees. It's too close to the street and you could get hurt." I guess since he had never seen me that close to the street he was pretty concerned. :)

I love watching him grow. But I never thought he would be so "responsible" this early. It's amazing to see. I just love him to pieces.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

They say the cutest things....You have taught him well!

~ Uncle Sam's Family, Est. September 1994 ~ said...

What a sweetheart! You are raising some amazing boys!! :-)

Anonymous said...

How precious is that! He's turning into a little man and taking care of the woman in his life! He'll make a great husband one day!!!