Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Joe!!!!






Holy moly! I cannot believe my first baby is now 5!!!!!! He was so excited and had a great time at his party. We had it here at the house with just close friends and family. He wanted a firetruck theme. I made his cake as usual (sorry Connie, they are an injustice compared to yours). He didn't eat any of it, but lots of people said it was pretty yummy :). My Dad and his new lady friend spent some time with both both but they cuddled with Garrett quite a bit and it was very sweet. After the kids broke open the pinata Dad and Garrett had suckers together. Garrett kept grabbing Dad's...it was very sweet.

I kinda feel like this birthday was a right of passage for both lil Joe and I. Just seems like he is an official "kid" now. It's pretty bittersweet. Big Joe and I stayed up til about midnight watching old home movies of Joe when he was a baby. It is so amazing to see some of the little quirks he still does, but has grown sooooo much. It's truly amazing and a blessing that Joe has come this far. I love you, buddy. Hope it was an awesome day.

2 comments:

~ Uncle Sam's Family, Est. September 1994 ~ said...

I can't believe he's 5!!!! They grow so quickly... Your boys are so darn cute ~ I just love their smiles!! Hope you're doing well!

Ashley said...

Wow...I remember the first time I met little Joe and took care of him...he was just a few months old. I can't believe it has been 5 years since I first met you and little Joe. I am glad to see he is doing so well.