Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcoming the New :)

A lot has been different in our family lately. First of all, we did not spend Christmas with extended family as we usually do. We decided because we were pinching pennies to keep up with paying for two houses we would stay low key. We attended a Christmas Eve service at a local church, had Christmas morning at the new house and then drove to my Dad's in Tennessee and stayed 2 nights with him. I was really surprised how happy I felt the whole time after my initial disappointment of not seeing more family.
I finally feel settled in the new house. I unpacked and organized feverishly for about 10 days and got it all done. Little Joe seems to enjoy his new school and I am learning my way around town and post.
Big Joe had also been having a lot of work done on the old house. We had a new floor put in the kitchen and hall....which I wish we had had the money to do when we moved there. It's really pretty. And he also had the house repainted...which became a huge argument, but we survived. Then after the stress and worry and lots of prayer about the house in Tennessee...things started to spark. A couple of people came to look at it and were pretty interested...then we got an offer :):):):)!!! And last night, New Year's Eve, things were finally settled and offers were accepted!!!
So it's been busy, surprising, and nice. And even though I am terribly sad to leave my hometown, family, friends, church, beautiful house and barn I am learning that I can be happy just about anywhere as long as my little clan in together :). Our futures are still bright with dreams of country live again but we are welcoming new homes, towns, friends, and much more along the way. :)
Here are some pics of the new house and Christmas :)the new kitchen...one of my two fav rooms in the new place :)
the playroom downstairs...my other fav room which is already put to good use as you can see :)
The boys running in Christmas morning (living room)

Dad and Bug sharing some pecan pie...Dad had to get another piece she ate so much :)
My Dad playing with Nerf guns with the boys...I think he had a little too much fun :)

No comments: