Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow and tooth fairies!!!

So the past few weeks that we have lived here we've seen a fair amount of snow :) Been a lot of fun. We've made snow angels, snow forts, and have had several snowball fights. Little Joe LOVES the snow...would stay in it all day if I would let him. Garrett is kind of a middle man (no offence that he is the middle child). But he gets cold quickly and wants inside. He will go out there and play with a shovel or kick it around for a few minutes then he's done and would rather watch Joe from inside. Katie has gone outside but she hasn't actually touched the snow yet. That girl is happy as long as someone is loving on her...preferably her Mama LOL.

Another fairy that visited this week was the tooth fairy!!! I think I have been more excited for Joe to lose a tooth than he has. For months I've been asking him if they were loose...nope. Then boom he comes home one day from school and one is sitting sideways in his mouth. I thought Big Joe might like to pull it since he has missed so much of the kids with the deployments. But the kids and I went to the pharmacy and Joe says, "Mama I got it!" and I looked back to see a hole in his mouth! Unfortunately he also dropped it in the truck and a tiny tooth is hard to find in a big truck so the tooth fairy had to visit on the honor system ;). Joe was much more excited when he found a dollar under his pillow the next morning. And don't feel bad for Big Joe since he missed this event too....turns out the whole thing makes him a bit squeamish. Odd.....man who has seen a lot...and I mean A LOT in Iraq did not want to see Joe's missing tooth until the blood spot was gone and it looked like his normal gums. I guess when it's your kiddo it's different. Good thing he wasn't here for the majority of Little Joe's hospital stays and surgeries too then, huh.

So another exciting week in the Harrison home :) Big Joe is busy as usual with work. I have been making and selling a few diaper cakes and also found out one of my favorite e-store's owner is in Joe's unit!! Funny how those things work :). Hope everyone is staying warm!

No comments: