Saturday, June 27, 2009

RC and Moonpie Festival



Ok by that title you KNOW I live in the south! LOL So it was a last minute trip last week to Bell Buckle TN. By the way Joe loves to say the word Bell Buckle...I heard it at least 50x during the weekend. This is an annual event with different contests, a parade, and vendors and of course plenty of RC and moonpies.

So I went with two friends, David and Tim. David's wife had work and Tim's was taking care of their sweet baby girl who wasn't feeling so hot. After parking on the lawn of a beautiful home we trecked downtown and took a look around. We waited for the parade which consisted of the only cop car in Bell Buckle (yes they only have ONE), a 1952 firetruck, a new firetruck, a small bus, a hot rod, a dune buggy, and a man on a horse! Too funny. They had contests for the oldest person there, youngest, furthest traveler, and others. We tried to see some of it but it was so crowded we couldn't. They also served the world's largest moonpie when it was over.

We had a good time visiting with a magician, eating, and buying some homemade blackberry cider. I had a great time even though I am still recovering from a very badly burned shoulder. It was stinkin hot there! We also had several comments of either David or Tim was the father of all five children present and I was obviously the mother...yep bet you didnt know I had twins 10 days apart ;). Mostly we just smiled at the comments but it was pretty funny.Downtown Bell Buckle.
The 1952 firetruck. They honored their firechief of 42 years that had passed away last year.
Joe and Garrett doing tricks with the magician.Hannah feeing Joe some ice cream..so cute right?

2 comments:

knlewis said...

Liz, I love the photo of Hannah and Joe!! See you tomorrow at your house.

Hilliard Family said...

Robert likes to hear me say Bucksnort every time we drive past that exit. I'm not sure I've ever mentioned Bell Buckle to him.