Monday, May 25, 2009

Food for thought...

So I do a lot of thinking at the bus stop (aka end of the driveway lol). Since school is over now usually I head to the barn for a few minutes to think if I need to. Sometimes I pray..sometimes I listen to the birds...sometimes I just look around. I got to thinking..as I watched a line of ants go across the driveway. I am the only person in the world who is looking at these ants...at this very moment. And I wondered...I wonder how many other humans will see these particular ants. Maybe not any. Have you ever wondered as you saw a fox dart across the road, or a flower bloom on a walk in the woods how many others would see that? This is when I feel close to God. Like he made them just for me at that moment. I feel so small but such a big part of this world. And then just think about your family...your kids. You out of the billions on the planet are their parent/grandmother/godmother/friend. Out of all the poeple in the world you were one of the first to hold them..smell them..bathe them..feed them. You were chosen to be there....just like my little ant line. Next time you see an insect, wildlife, or even a blossom of a flower ask yourselves how many others will see it...or more importantly pay attention to it.

No comments: