Saturday, August 16, 2008

Moving on up...




Well my boys have had some major changes :). Joe is officially in kindergarten!!!!!! His schedule is kind of weird for the first couple of weeks because of testing but he is doing well so far!! Of course his favorite thing is riding the bus (as much as my nerves hate it ;)). His teacher is very nice and has already noticed Joe's humor, his love for purple, and elephants. Evidently he is pretty good in math too :).

Garrett also had a move up. In preparation for the new baby I am moving Garrett into Joe's room. Last night was my second attempt at getting him to sleep in there and it worked! Took me a while and a few falls from him out of the bed but he fell asleep and stayed there til 5am. Then I went in there, laid down with him for a little bit, and he slept til nearly 8am :). I hate moving him so young. Joe was 2 yrs old before I put him in a toddler bed (one reason for waiting was because of his feeding tube) but Garrett seems so very young. I just don't want him thinking the new baby is kicking him out of his room. Poor guy...I just feel like he had to grow up fast.
Anyway...adjustments all over the place!! But they are such good boys...they always take things in stride with cute smiles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such cute boys...cannot wait to see what that sweet baby girl looks like...Love,Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm facing a similar dilemma with Evie. I have the toddler bed in Grace's room so she can lay on it and play on it during the day in preparation for her sleeping in it. She slept in it once so far but woke up at about 9:30pm scared and not knowing where she was. So, I decided to wait a little longer!
As for Joe in kindergarten...wow! Time flies, doesn't it? How are you holding up with this big change? Grace has to wait until next year because of her birthday. Oh well.