Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kentucky Stops

Well Joe's Mom and brother were here for about 6 days earlier in the month. We had great fun, and as usual my hubby packed our days full of things to do. We went to the zoo, Churchill Downs, Mammoth Cave, Dinosaur World, Louisville Slugger Museum, and I am sure I am forgetting something else right now. Forgive me...I am still recovering from this LOL. Anyway I will break these trips up a little bit. The first big place we went was to the Louisville Zoo. It's actually quite big with a lot of things to see and do, but we had a pretty big complaint about their service. The train wasn't running but they still sold us a ticket...they advertised food that they didn't have, and the food they did have was not good (that's putting it lightly), and we wanted to see a 3-d movie they had there and waited for 20 minutes before they told us it wasn't running. So if you go..I'm just warnin' ya. Bring your own food and ask if the train is running. It was a hot long day but everyone loved it. They had a baby giraffe there that was running around and kicking. Looked a lot like a young calf of a cow with it's tail up sprinting around it's Mama...super cute!
Garrett looking at a pygmy hippo :)
That's Joe's brother holding Garretto. What do you think they are looking at so intently????
.........well if you know little Joe you know he is obsessed with elephants (has been since he he was about 12 months old).The kids and Joe's mom looking at something...jeez I don't even think I can remember what it was!Notice how tan the Bug is getting already! Can you tell we are spending a lot of time at the pool :o)?
More stops to come later!

No comments: