Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 is over and so is R&R

Well we dropped off Big Joe this morning at the airport. Again I felt like I was kicked in the chest. I prayed most of the way home for strength and comfort and peace. And by the time I pulled in the drive R&R felt like a dream. We had a wonderful 4 weeks together. And I feel like my heart is on a plane now.


The last couple of days together we spent doing family outings. One day we drove to Nashville to see ICE. This is a walk through exhibit made entirely of ice near the Opryland hotel. They keep the building at 9 degrees so it is very chilly. So we dressed in several layers even though it was 60 outside and ICE gives you a long blue parka to wear as well. The kids loved it! Joe's favorite part is the ice slide which they have every year. And Garrett "oooo"ed at nearly everything. The last room you walk into is a nativity scene made of ice. It is beautiful.


Then we went to the Adventure Science Museum. I was really impressed. I have been to several children's museums but I think this one takes the cake. It had so many neat things. We were there nearly two hours and still didn't see everything. The kids just got too tired.


The last few days have been so wonderful. It was truly a blessing to have Joe home. And now we will wait....and pray for the day Joe is home for good.


The boys bundled up for ICE :)


As usual it was an amazing site!
The Ice slide.... Fun and COLD!!!!
Some last few smiles from Katie for her Daddy.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am sure you had fun. Looks like ICE is really neat! How is the little one? Sleeping through the night yet? Not mine :)...