Monday, March 29, 2010

Waiting..

You know the average person spends five years of their lives waiting...waiting in lines and things like that? Well I was wondering how much time to we spend waiting for answers. Yep you guessed it the TN house has not yet sold and we are waiting...and have been waiting for the past 7 months. Every day I pray and I hope and I wait. At the end of the month I stress because our mortgage and rent are due on the same day. Luckily we have the money saved to pay for both but I feel like our savings/retirement is swirling down the drain and it will only be but a moment before the rubber ducky hits the bottoms with a slight squeak.
It is not by coincidence that our pastor has been preaching on faith...and a couple of weeks ago on the faith in waiting. Thank you, Lord and Pastor Bill...I promise I am doing my best but this is tough!! Peter 1:25 says "....but the word of the Lord stands forever." So I will continue to trust, continue to pray, continue to wait for something to happen with the house.
One thing we have been waiting for that has been answered is Joe's promotion. Joe is now officially a Captain P (P meaning promotable). He should be promoted to Major in the June July time frame. One thing is is that if the TN house hasn't sold by then this pay increase will make a huge difference in being able to afford both houses. Anyway I am very proud of my man. We have been joking about Major jokes...major pain...major problem...major goober...and other jokes that aren't appropriate ;).
The kids are pretty good. I am slightly worried about little Joe. He needs a tube change and his behavior at school hasn't been all that great. He also told me he threw up today...which since his second fundoplication 4 years ago he has not. So it concerns me a bit. Fortunately we see the doctor at Vanderbilt in a couple of weeks so I am praying this can be fixed. Garrett and Katie are doing well being as cute and sweet as ever.
Again I have stayed very busy between FRG duties, diaper cakes, and fundraising projects for post. We are getting excited as my Dad and his lady friend as coming to visit for Easter! I miss him so much! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and praying all of waiting times will come to a close soon.

1 comment:

Hilliard Family said...

We're at two years, two moves and counting on selling our NC house. Hang in there. We know it will sell eventually and until then, we've managed to survive with God's provision.